Saturday, April 22nd is National Drug Take Back Day, a national event dedicated to drug abuse prevention.
The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office has partnered with Walgreens and Cub Foods to provide four convenient outdoor sites where people can drop off unwanted and unused medications for free.
All sites will be staffed by deputies who will collect unwanted medications. Deputies will also hand out free Deterra medication disposal pouches for residents who may have additional medications at home that they wish to dispose of properly. Deterra bags have been made available via partnerships with the #HennepinCountySheriffFoundation and the Rx Abuse Leadership Initiative (RALI) of Minnesota.
When: Saturday, April 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Drop-off locations will be located at:
- Walgreens Golden Valley– 5695 Duluth St., Golden Valley, MN
- Walgreens Rogers – 21495 141st N., Rogers, MN
- Walgreens South Minneapolis – 4547 Hiawatha Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN
- Cub Foods Shorewood – 23800 MN-7 Hwy., Shorewood, MN
- 2023 Backing the Blues Street Dance May 14, 2023
- Drug Take Back Day April 1, 2023
- HCSF Scholarship Fund Accepting Applications for 2023-24 School Year April 1, 2023
- Our 2023 Initiatives January 11, 2023
- HCSF at the State Fair September 5, 2022