October 28, 2023 is National Drug Take Back Day, a national event dedicated to drug abuse prevention.
The HCSF and Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office has partnered with Walgreens and Walmart to provide three convenient outdoor sites where people can drop off unwanted and unused medications for free.
All sites will be staffed by deputies who will collect unwanted medications. Deputies will also hand out free Deterra medication disposal pouches for residents who may have additional medications at home that they wish to dispose of properly. Deterra bags have been made available via partnerships with the #HennepinCountySheriffFoundation and the Rx Abuse Leadership Initiative (RALI) of Minnesota.
When: October 28, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Drop-off locations will be located at:
Walgreens: 7200 Cedar Lake Rd. S., St. louis Park, MN 55426
Walmart: 8000 Lakeland Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55455
Walmart: 700 American Blvd. E., Bloomington, MN 55420
- 2023 Law Enforcement Scholarship Winners October 19, 2023
- Drug Take Back Day October 13, 2023
- Swinging Success: HCSF Golf Classic Raises Over $40,000 for Vital Programs! September 19, 2023
- 2023 Hooked on Fishing Event August 20, 2023
- Life Jacket Giveaway June 28, 2023